UN Global Climate Action Awards: a unique opportunity to showcase the Intra-ACP GCCA+ initiatives!
The UN World Climate Action Awards helps to highlight some of the most concrete, innovative and scalable examples of what communities, organisations, cities, businesses, universities, governments and other actors around the world are doing to combat climate change.
The 2020 edition of the annual Awards, the focus of “United Nations Climate Change’s Momentum for Change initiative”, is a unique opportunity for all intra-ACP climate change stakeholders to send a strong signal to all Nations, that the States, which are most impacted in terms of climate change are also actively participating for a more resilient and sustainable future for the benefit of all. Over the recent years, it is worth noting that several local projects from ACP regions or communities have been nominated. This clearly shows our active engagement in the strive against climate change.
The selected activities will be celebrated at the UN Climate Change Conference (COP 26) in Glasgow, Scotland, in November 2020. The 2020 award will recognize climate action that is already achieving real results in three categories, namely:
- Climate Neutral Now: recognising efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality.
- Women for Results: recognising the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change. And
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment: recognising successful financial innovations for adaptation and climate mitigation.
The award’s Advisory Panel, made up of senior experts from various fields and countries, will select the 2020 winners.
Who can apply?
Organisations, Communities, cities, businesses, schools, governments and other key players that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognised by UN Climate Change.
How to apply?
Applications for the 2020 UN Global Climate Action Award are being accepted until 30 April 2020 at: https://momentum.unfccc.int/ To start an application, please register in our application portal. It will take at least an hour to complete the form but you can save your progress at any time and work on it at your convenience. Completed applications must be submitted by 30 April 2020.
Why is it interesting for Intra-ACP partners and stakeholders to participate?
- Selected projects will receive a wide range of benefits, including:
- Visibility of your actions at the international level.
- Attendance to the UN Climate Change Conference in Scotland (COP 26)*.
- Access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference.
- Public recognition by the UN Climate Change.
- Digital assets such as professional photos and videos of the Ceremony.
- A dedicated page about your project on the UN website
Learn More About Last Year’s Winners
Last December at the UN Climate Change Conference in Madrid (COP 25), Spain, 15 inspiring projects were awarded. All of them are shining examples of climate solutions. Watch the summary video celebrating the winning initiatives here.
*Winning projects under the Financing for Climate Friendly Investment category will need to be self-funded to the conference and provide their own video and photo materials.