PRESENTATION OF THE ACP NDC ONLINE TOOL
A COMPREHENSIVE AND COLLABORATIVE TOOL TO SUPPORT YOUR NDCs’ AMBITIONS
The ACP NDC Tool is designed to assist African, Caribbean and Pacific States to explore broadly all opportunities to raise the level of ambition needed for low-carbon and climate-resilient growth over the long term, in line with their commitments to the Paris Agreement.
The tool is secured and provides the flexibility to Member States to address all relevant issues that arise in the context of the preparation of NDCs revision/submission and in coordination with the various sectors of activities as per their commitments under the Paris Agreement. Accordingly, it ensures that all information required by the UNFCCC is clearly spelt out in the form of an exhaustive checklist so that they are appropriately addressed by Member States. PThe tool also provides for inclusion of additional information on Adaptation, Gender, Capacity Building and financial needs.
The ACP NDC platform consists of two main gateways:
1. The Mandatory NDC Submission Section: that provides a practical way to prepare and submit your NDC as mandated by decisions that form part of UNFCCC requirements, through filling of an online questionnaire.
Inside this section, there is also three additional optional sub-sections, namely on: Adaptation communication; Capacity building needs and technical and financial support; and Gender-sensitive & Participatory aspects, so as to allow countries to submit a more comprehensive NDC.
2. The NDC Reporting and Tracking Section: that helps to track progress and report on your NDC through indicators. This section will be of great value from 2021 onwards and for all future years in promoting harmonised reporting and comparability of NDCs in ACP countries. In addition, it will enable ACP countries to identify common priorities, needs, difficulties and gaps in terms of updating/revision and of implementing the NDCs.
The tool allows users to:
• upload relevant documents in all formats (e.g. Word, PDF, Powerpoint presentation, Excel file or jpg…);
• update information/data entered at any time (by different users if required) without the need for a fresh start each time;
• access information on the types of capacity building, technical and financial support they are likely to require;
• address participatory and gender aspects in order to include all civil society actors, for example, indigenous peoples, universities or research centres;
• Once the questionnaire tool has been filled-in and completed, the document can be saved or downloaded as report in PDF or a tabular word document, ready for submission to the UNFCCC NDC Portal. The report includes customizable identification fields pertinent to the country (e.g. flag, logo or image). Any changes in the questionnaire will automatically be reflected in the report.
There are several advantages to using the platform, these are summarised below:
• The tool can be accessed through a user friendly secured single dashboard;
• The lead account administrator at the country level can invite other users in the same online space so that each project stakeholder can provide all the necessary elements to review contributions in line with the policies, strategies and actions tailored to the individual needs of each state;
• There is the possibility to update data in real time, allowing decision-makers to access the information at any time, on any type of device, for example via mobile phone, PC or tablet;
• The tool also makes it possible to set up a database that will allow comparisons to be made over time;
• The system allows flexibility for users to shift from one section to another, or across one language (available language versions: English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) to another at any time;
• A progress tool bar indicates the status of completion of the form;
• The online tool provides a working environment for teams to collaborate around a given submission project, remotely and in real time, thus reducing the administrative burden in NDC preparation.
GET STARTED NOW!
Should you be interested to start using the ACP NDC Tool for NDC submissions, please send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, CC: email@example.com.
For the request to be effective, please mention the name of the submitting country, the institution represented, the name of the Official, function and e-mail address of the person who will be granted access as Chief Administrator for his/her country. You will then receive a welcome email with instructions on how to easily access your personal interface and how to create your password.
We remain at your disposal for any useful clarification or to guide you through the platform.
For viewing an animated presentation of the NDC tool, please click below: