Regional Economic Communities (RECs) Meeting > Postponed
Regional Economic Communities (RECs) Technical Consultative Meeting on Intra-ACP GCCA+ programme implementation and nationally determined contributions (NDCs) reporting write-shop.
SADC in partnership with COMESA are organising a joint meeting with AUC, REC’s and Commissions in the Eastern and Southern Africa from 23-27 March 2020, in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The meeting is a follow up to the 2019 joint AUC, IOC and REC meeting that COMESA organized as a technical consultative meeting on resilience that was held, in Lusaka, Zambia. The African Union and all Regional Economic Communities (REC’s) and Commissions in Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA Region) are beneficiaries of a grant from the European Union through the Intra-African Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Global Climate Change Alliance (GCCA)+ programme. These include East African Community (EAC), Southern African Development Community (SADC), Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) and Indian Ocean Commission (IOC).
OBJECTIVES OF THE MEETING
The purpose of the meeting is to:
- ensure harmonized implementation of the EU GCCA+ Programme and other regional initiatives of common interest.
- harmonize NDC reporting approaches including monitoring, reporting and implementation.
- identify and define critical indicators and refine them to respond to the continent’s NDC reporting.
- Discuss and provide technical input into the draft NDC reporting tool drafted by SADC and also the one by Intra-ACP GCCA+
EXPECTED OUTPUTS FROM THIS EVENT:
- Roadmap for harmonized implementation of the Intra ACP GCCA+ Programmes developed and Potential areas of synergy between AUC, RECs and Commissions.
- Harmonized NDC reporting tool derived from the SADC and Intra-ACP GCCA+ draft tools as well as UNFCCC reporting tools.
- Roadmap into the development and use of the NDC monitoring and reporting tool clearly mapped out.
Senior Programme Officer- Environment and Climate Change Directorate of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources (FANR) Southern African Development Community (SADC)
Plot 54385 New CBD
Private Bag 0095 Gaborone, BOTSWANA
Phone: +267 361 1076, Cell: +267 7292 5728/ +27832343350
Climate Change Advisor
Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) Secretariat Ben Bella Road, P.O. Box 30051, Lusaka, Zambia
Phone: +260 211 225110Email: MKanyangarara@comesa.int
Regional Economic Communities (RECs) Concept Note